Thursday, 19 June 2014

Radiant orchid...and so on!

Let´s be honest.When I´ve heard for the first time about Pantone´s Colour of the year 2014 Radiant Orchid and I was not planning to buy any extra product in this colour...for the simple reason that I had already enough purple - fuchsia and mauve-pink makeup products!
Now at the middle of 2014 I decided to have a look in my makeup collection and see if Pantone really influenced my buying or not. Let see what I found out :)
I suppose it´s the thing when you have green eyes and any shop assistant at a makeup store strongly believes that you need : a purple mascara, eyeliner, eyeshadow and eye pencil...because "It is soooo flattering!". So they say - so I buy them! XD
This year I have just add at my stash an eye colour pencil in lovely Lilas by L´Oreal, while I´ve owned and used all the rest of the eye products.
Top eye product: Kiko smoky eye pencil 03- a deep purple with blue undertone, I love it on the inner rim of the eye. 
Flop eye product: Artdeco magic eye liner 59- this pencil has absolutely no pay off on the eye lid - such a pity because it is hard to find such a light Lila tone in the eye pencil department.
 Nothing new this year, I own only two purple-like blush products: Dolly Mix from Sleek Candy Collection and Golden Rose Terracotta Blush On 02.
Top blush: Golden Rose! This blush was a lovely surprise! The texture is so easy to blend and has a very subtle shimmer which lasts for hours.
Nothing really new on this tone lip products too, not really because there was not new purple lipsticks - hello, Mac Heroine- but I really think they clash too much with my hair colour.
Top lip product: worth to mention is Bourjois Shine Edition in Mauve Tabloid 25 - a sheer creamy texture which moisturises my lips as well, the shade is not too dark and don´t clash with my red hair. Great!

My only new entry for nail polishes in 2014 is Essie´s Big Spender - not really a purple shade but a magenta-hot pink tone.

As I said before I wear purple a lot daily...nothing too glamorous though! These are two examples of everyday looks:


So, as you can see despite this year´s Radiant Orchid theme, I haven´t shop so much or being influenced by it. 
What about you? did you buy Radiant Orchid´s products? or were you not bother at all?
Let me know in the comments below!

Baci Belle!!!

post signature

9 comments:

  1. Smettetela di farmi desiderare quel trio di blush Sleek XD

    Attualmente Cattleya di Nabla è il vero Radiant Orchid in mio possesso, non ho nessun tono simile :)
    Molto fresco il tuo make up ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. il trio di Sleek é carinissimo e pigmentatissimo ;) si ho rosicato anch´io dietro a Cattleya ma le spedizioni di Nabla all´estero sono un po´carette e per ora ho desistito...non so ancora per quanto!!!
      un bacio cara!!!

      Delete
  2. I have a few Radiant Orchid type colors but because I happened to like them not because they were the pantone of the year. :D
    peacockbeauty.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Essie nail polish looks lovely, I love the Essie polishes.

    Sophie
    xx
    www.pocockins.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Essie polishes are my favourite too!great price-quality!

      Delete
  4. Love Essie nail shade! I love Essie polishes.

    Sophie
    xx
    www.pocockins.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Non credo di avere nulla in Radiant Orchid, non riesco a vedermelo addosso, ho come l'impressione che cozzi con i miei colori..ma ma ma quanto è bello il rossetto Bourjois in Mauve??*_*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sugli occhi, riesco a sfumarlo senza creare danni...ma sulle labbra é davvero dura!Non sono proprio una tipa da Mac Heroine!!!siiii il rossetto Bourjois é un amore!!!!

      Delete